Wednesday, May 19

MCM Expo: May 2010

Hello, one and all.

I've helped to set up the London fanfiction meetings, with great success. I'm sure that there are others across the country who have helped set up meetings ibn various reigions of the United Kingdom - and now Europe! Well, I want to go one step further. I want to get a whole bunch of Fanfiction writers to come and meet up for a big ol' happy time at the MCM Expo at the end of this month!

MCM, for the uneducated, is Movies, Comics and manga. Recently, games developers have started showcasing their games there. I saw early code of Assassins Creed II at the October one. I'm sure there's going to be other big games this year, as well as movie announcements and, of course, shedloads of Manga and Anime.

OK, so, to business. There are a lot of writers out there, whether in the proverbial closet or not. And I'm sure a lot of writers will see this. And it's fair to assume a lot of those writers will be travelling to the Expo. I know people from Yorkshire that travel down, such is the attraction. Now, what would happen if a massive bunch of writers were to meet together and...talk! Not only can you share writing ideas and come up with new plots to expand upon, but it's a great way to meet new people.

I propose a large meeting of writers on the grass square at about 2:00 PM on the Saturday of the Expo. If you don't know what I mean, search for ExCel Centre London on Google Maps. It's pretty obvious, and you'll see what I mean when you get there.

So, how many people are coming? Feel free to leave a comment below so we have a rough idea of what to expect. tickets are on sale now from the MCM website at the Expo website, and will be on sale during the day. You won't need a ticket to meet us, but you will need one to enter the Expo itself.

So, feel free to leave a comment. Let us know how many of you are coming, and we can plan accordingly.

Make sure you add the RSS link for this blog as well, for future updates!

Much Love, ScourgeOTG.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have come to the meeting! Stupid me living across the ocean :(

    ReplyDelete